16 THINGS I LEARNED FROM 2016

Saturday, December 31, 2016


I listed some of the things that I learned in the year, 2016.

1. If you see a stray dog, do not run.
When I was in the Philippines, my cousins and I would always go for a walk to the store to buy some ice cream and etc. and we would always encounter a stray dog. Though it is from afar, still do not try to outrun a stray dog. Since my cousins and I are both afraid of growling or barking dogs, we try to walk slowly as possible.

2. If you think about something, do it.
People may take your ideas. When I was still in high school, we had to do this Senior Project about improving or implementing a law. Our teacher gave us a list of those laws that we can use for our project. At first, I wanted this specific law. The students need to rush and pick a topic, so one topic per student, nobody can have the same topic. I decided to pick a topic later, in the middle of the class. After ten to twenty minutes on deciding whether or not to pick my chosen topic, another student went  up to the teacher and took my topic.

3. A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
I was in high school when I started to blame myself on not being good in math. I do not like math. Math and I won't just don't get along. I was taking AP Statistics and I thought that I was going to fail that class. Fortunately, I passed the class with a C. Since it is an AP class, it is counted as a B grade.

4. Take your time.
I always try to speed everything up. Maybe this is the reason why I would always procrastinate.

5. Things are never as bad as they seem.
All of the problems that are given to us will only be there temporarily. Always try to look forward for that next day. Everything will always be fine.

6. Not everyone is going to like you.
Our Statistics Professor in college had favourites. (I am not one of them) hahahaha

7. Love or Hate
Love me, or hate me, I will still voice out my opinions. So there is this page that I would always 
put my opinions at. I guess it helps me get more relaxed after I expressed my feelings on something. I say how I really feel.

8. Never be afraid on something that needs to get lost.
Bad memories shall be left behind. I do not reminisce on them because I know that it will not benefit on who I am for the future.

9. Do not compare your life to anyone that surrounds you.
Comparison is the thief behind you. If someone is happy, let them be happy. 

10. Respect anyone's decision
If someone went for a surprise vacation, let them be. Be happy for them and respect their decision instead of mocking and insulting them which shows that you are insecure and immature.

11. It is ok to say NO without feeling guilt.
Through the years, I always say yes to anyone. Whether they are asking for some stuff that I think they can get for themselves. I wanted to be kind to people, if they are not helping themselves, then how are you going to fuel yourself on helping them?

12. Admire successful people.
I do not really keep track on these successful people, but I look up to them and hope that I would be like one of them someday.

13. Learn from the hard times in life.
Again, every problem that is given to us is temporary. Everything that is happening now is something that is going to happen much greater.

14. Don't be bitter.
Stop hating and poking fun on people. Let them be, do not be so judgmental.

15. I learned how to Drive!
I passed my permit test on May, and I had my license on the last week of October.

16. I learned to be Thankful.
When we were in the Philippines, I saw a lot of less fortunate people. Handing just small items to them make them a lot happy. With this, I learned to be thankful and contented on what I have.

*****
This will be my last blog post for 2016! I am surely going to miss this wonderful year. Thank you to those people that helped me on almost everything this year, thank you for being a part of my 2016 journey. This year is one of the best year in my life. This year will be remembered.
*****
I hope you guys have a great 2017 ahead!
*****

Lots of Love,
RJ





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Current Location

Current Location

© Paradeaux 2015.

All Rights Reserved

Subscribe