YEAR IN REVIEW: 2017

Sunday, December 31, 2017


To some people, 2017 was the best year so far for them. To some people, 2017 went a little too fast. To some people, 2017 was a tough and a challenging year for them.
For me, 2017 was really tough and challenging especially on the first half of the year. During the first month--- on the second week, I received an email regarding to a personal issue. This lasted for three months, and I had to resolve the issue between that time span. On the second month, the entire clan was down due to a family member rushed to the emergency room, and was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit. This family member stayed in the hospital for more than a month, and was on strict monitoring after. The Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh month was a complete stressful months for me. I was not showing this to my family, and I just kept it to myself. On the other hand, summertime was quite a bit adventurous for me. I went to places that I have never been. On the Eighth month, a family member was rushed to the emergency room, had a mild stroke, and was later transferred to the Intensive Care Unit. That family member later stayed there for a week, and was transferred to a rehabilitation center. It was hard for me, and I was sad seeing that family member struggle with every single of his/her actions needing assistance at all times. The Ninth, and Tenth month for me was stable in real life, but kinda stressful and toxic regarding to social media. Now, for the Eleventh month, a plot twist to my year! I loved November so much. That sudden trip to the Philippines was the best that happened this year. I could not explain how happy I was went I went back home. Though, I was expecting to be back during the summertime, I still had the chance to go back at the end of the year. Honestly, I lost hope that I wouldn't be back in the Philippines this year, when July was about to end. November was the best because I got to reunite with my family back in the Philippines. We had occasional bondings, and of course, our nightly karaoke sessions. Even though we were there for a short period of time, I really really enjoyed that trip.
Usually when I get back here in America from the Philippines, I get sad or like have a separation anxiety with my cousins there in the Philippines, but this time, I was not sad at all. Well, to be honest, I cried after two days since I arrived from the Philippines. It just hit me that I am not in the Philippines anymore. The next day, I was excited to finally be back hopefully hopefully this 2018! On the Twelfth and last month of the year, we celebrated Christmas like every family does. This year, our celebration was nice and simple. I ate a lot of food! Lol.

I gathered a list of my favourites that I discovered from this year! Enjoy ;D
P.S. None of these are sponsored, unless otherwise noted.

2017 FAVOURITES

Movie(s)
- The Space Between Us (English)
- Beauty and the Beast (English)
- Vince and Kath and James (Tagalog)
- Love You to the Stars and Back (Tagalog)
- Loving In Tandem (Tagalog)
- Unexpectedly Yours (Tagalog)

Music
- I suggest you to check out my 2017 music playlist on Spotify!

Tech
- Bose Revolve+ SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
- iPhone 8+

Place(s)
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, California, USA
- Lingayen Beach, Pangasinan, Philippines

Food
These are my first times
- Silvanas (frozen cookie made with nutty meringue and filled with rich buttercream)
- Crispy Pata in Bagoong

Application(s)
- Amazon Prime ~ I love their 2-Day Shipping
- Amazon Prime Video ~ This is where I watch some movies that goes with the Amazon that I paid for.
- HUJI CAM ~ This was a trend in 2017. Download this app if you like your pictures to look as if it was taken with a polaroid camera.
- Telegram
- Headspace ~ In 2017, I learned that mindfulness is really important. If you feel stressed, or burned out, take a break and let this app help you with that. It only takes three minutes. Mental Health is also important :D

K-Drama
- Goblin ~ This is my first Korean Drama in years!

Fil-Drama
- Wildflower
- Hangaang Saan

Skin Care
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ~ It honestly dries up your pimple after two days! Do not use it during daytime, because you'll look silly with it. Try using it before you sleep.

*****
This would be my last blog post for 2017! I am surely going to miss this year. Thank you to those people that helped me achieve my "micro-goals" that would soon have a "macro-effect" to my dreams. Thank you for being a part of my 2017 journey. To my friends, you know who you are, thank you. To those people who underestimate me, watch out--- because 2018 will be my year!! #ClaimIt. Even though that this year was not the best year in my life, this year will still be remembered.
*****
I hope you guys have a blessed 2018 ahead!
*****

Lots of Love,
RJ



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Current Location

Current Location

© Paradeaux 2015.

All Rights Reserved

Subscribe