SWEET SUMMER '18

Monday, August 13, 2018





I am back to school today, and this year's summer did not really go as planned. A lot of happenings were spontaneous, but some events that were planned prior to summer were unfortunately cancelled. What's new aye? Anyway, I just want to share how this year's summer went for me.

Summer for me started on the last week of May because finals were on the third week, obviously lol. That first week of summer was fine, we did a minimal amount of shopping (I was with my mom and it serves as her 'therapy' if you can say). I don't know, but every time I would ask her why she wanted to go somewhere, she often tell me that it relaxes her. How will that relax her if the body is constantly  walking? xD The thing is, she does not really buy a lot of stuff, which is good, I guess. She just wants to look at the clothes, and if she likes something then maybe she would purchase it.

The first few weeks of June was amazing for me. I got to experience Korean Barbecue with my cousin and aunts for the first time! I honestly ate so much that I could not breath. It was amazing, we ordered food after orders--- it was non-stop!
In June, I got to watch the NBA 2018 Finals at the Oracle Arena! I know that I have been to their games a few times,  but this one was really special to me :D Always, I treasure every experience. After another game, Golden State Warriors were once again the NBA Champion.

A few weeks later, hahahaha this was really spontaneous. One day, I decided to go to a pet store and after roaming around, I saw that there were fishes available! The fishes were so beautiful, and they were iridescent as they swim around. I wanted one! I chose a fish that you might have seen on my snap :) I bought a water conditioner as well as its food. At first, I was worried of keeping it alive, but it is still living even up to this day!

Now, on the picture above. This trip was planned way back in April, and I believe that it is the only 'planned' trip that actually happened xD. It was three hours away from home. To be completely honest, my first impression about the park was sad and dry but I kept that impression to myself until---- wait for it please keep reading lol. When we walked inside of the amusement park, there were not a lot of people visiting. It was so quiet and still. In my opinion, the park was a bit small and there were not a lot of rides available at the time that we came. We were limited to stay inside the park from eleven to three, so as soon as we arrived, we have to eat lunch where we had to walk for thirty minutes to get to the food area. Of course, we ate quickly and even took the cable cars to speed up our transfers. I tried to vlog every moment, but I felt like I did not take enough footage to share since I cannot really shoot videos when I was in the rollercoaster. Honestly, I tried lol. The place was kinda boring for me, and if you would ask me, I'd choose the place where we went last year than Great America. When we were leaving, the people with me also said that the place was so quiet and sad. The ambiance was just empty for me, so I agree to what they were saying. I was not alone for what I was feeling. After all that, (well not that a lot huh? lol) we headed back home.

July came, and of course, we celebrated fourth of July! We *LIT* some firecrackers outside the house, and had some bbq after. I was originally going to watch the fireworks show that the city hosted, but did not get a chance to. After a few days, we watched a drone show hosted by intel where 500 drones were used to do exhibitions. It was a pretty cool experience to be honest. People were really proud that they had the same exhibition during the 2018 Winter Olympics in SK.

On that same day, I also got my first vehicle. The hunt only lasted for three days. Well for me, I think that was short, but the following week my friend got another car in just one day lol. I think that was quick. My decision was spontaneous, the car had the features that I wanted so I went ahead and got it. After a few weeks, I got a new iPad and its Apple Pencil. It took me a minimum amount of time to realise that I want it, but on the day of purchase, I kept on vacillating whether to get it or not. In the end, I still got it since my old iPad Mini is already six years old and evidently used to its full capacity. It had to retire. So far, I am enjoying it and I am looking forward into utilizing it over the next couple of years.

Yes, my summer was quite boring. Hopefully next year, we'd travel SoCal? Oh, I know this won't happen, but we'll see! ;D

~~~
Did you travel a lot? What did you do? I hope you had a great summer!
~~~

'Til next time.

xo,
rj










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Current Location

Current Location

© Paradeaux 2015.

All Rights Reserved

Subscribe