8 THINGS I LEARNED FROM 2018

Friday, December 28, 2018



I listed some of the things that I learned from 2018.

1. SLEEP
In 2018, I learned the importance of sleep and how it affects the brain as well as the overall immune system. Even though I am used to staying up late, I tried taking several naps throughout the day to refresh my brain as well as my mood. Doing this trick, I found that I was more energetic and active and that I was able to think faster than usual. It was also the end of this year when I am slowly keeping myself out of coffee, and switching to drinking tea instead. I know that coffee is a big factor of disrupting one's sleeping schedule. Health is Wealth ;)

2. GROWTH
I had so much academic struggles on the second half of 2018. There were failures that I can look back on, and that I could use each obstacle that I experienced as a stepping stone to grow.

3. TOXIC CULTURE
The term "Toxic" was coined all over social media this year. This is where you drop people who are toxic and problematic to you. These are the people who did nothing, but gossip on other people, be envious of other people's success, and drag people down. Stay away from them to avoid negativity in your life.

4. FANDOM's LOVE
I did not know that being a part of a fandom can truly help you emotionally through life's up and downs. I was not aware that it can be---- really become a support system for me. Thank you for keeping me going. With our idols, I did not forget to work hard and used it as an inspiration to reach my dreams. To be honest, this idol=fandom thing was a big part of my 2018. I am very thankful to have them.

5. MONEY = LIFE
I am going to make this short. No matter what happen, please do not let money control you. Enjoy life.

6. GENUINE HAPPINESS
This year, I felt that I was pretending to be happy at times because I have to. You just gotta change yourself into a brighter mood, but in reality you do not really feel that way. Of course, 2018 was a happy year for me. This 2019, I hope that we would all be happy, genuinely.

7. A GREAT LISTENER
When a person is having problems, make sure that you are always there to listen and give opinions to.  Being beside a person who is in need of emotional support means a lot to them.

8. SILVER LINING
To always view what you see and hear in different perspectives, that there is always a good side to no matter what happen in life. Give purpose.

---b o n u s---

9. STAY MAGNANIMOUS
No matter what position in life you may be, do not forget where you came from. Always be humble, and keep yourself grounded. No matter what success you may have reached, stay unselfish and big-hearted <3

~~~

xo,
rj

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Current Location

Current Location

© Paradeaux 2015.

All Rights Reserved

Subscribe