PAL

Friday, July 30, 2021

 


It was a cold starry night celebrating New Year's at our residence. My family and I had a great dinner, and did rituals like any other Asian family do during the New Year's. As I call it a day, I decided to offer a prayer for the year ahead. I prayed for a better year for all of us, for the pandemic to end, and to keep my friends and family safe. I prayed for more friends, friends that are genuine and that I could keep for a lifetime. During that time, I was not sure if they are going to just come in my life or not. I remained patient.

Fast forward to March. I met two people. I know this one person back in September, but we would usually do small talks every time we see each other. We never got the chance on getting to know each other. We'd say "Hi!" here and there, very casual and that's it. They are always in a group of five? I believe, and I would always feel that they are staring at me lol. They would ask questions about me. Some personal questions, but more on what  we do in the place. They know how to keep conversations, and they kept me engaged. The two, I would always see each other. Always together. That one person would always say "Hi" to me, but I did not know his name so I asked him. His name is A (not his real name lol). While the other guy was very quiet, his name is B (also not his real name lol). A was a very curious guy, he was the one who made so much effort to get to know me which I appreciate because I am an introvert lol. We first hanged out at a hotpot place, he loves hotpot. A would frequent give me stuff when we see each other, he is very generous. Meanwhile B, getting to know B was interesting. Turns out, he was the most talkative to the three of us. He can keep conversations as long as he is interested in the topic. Our first hang out together was at a KBBQ place, we had fun. B mostly did the talking, because it turns out and A and I are both listeners lol.

One time, A and I had a conversation about how I prayed for additional friends this year. I told him, that you were the ones that I met this year, and I was thankful that I met them both. It was a little bit emotional, but A was also thankful that he met us both too. We talked about so many things during this conversation, I wish I could share them on the internet, but I cannot lol. 

Summary, I think I found true friends this year. Friends that I enjoy being around with. Friends that I think I can trust, and I hope this friendship would last forever. Like what I always tell A, I hope I did not make a mistake choosing them as my friend because they truly broke down that walls that I built around me. 

I am thankful.

Have a great August ahead! :D

Stay Safe!


xo,

rj

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Current Location

Current Location

© Paradeaux 2015.

All Rights Reserved

Subscribe